The following resources are intended to help nonprofits quickly find the materials and help they need to address the challenges caused by our current health crisis. Our center will grow over time and continue to be a resource you can draw upon for inspiration, information and advice.
Road to Recovery
Schultz & Williams expert advice to assist nonprofits on their way to recovery
- Community Foundations: Heroes in Funding COVID Response
- Leadership Matters: CEO Perspectives on the Crisis Webinar
- The Power of Asking “What if?”: Scenario Planning and Its Value in These Strange Days
- Philabundance in Overdrive: Times of Crisis Bring a Flood of Giving
- Five Bright Ideas – S&W Clients Shape Resourceful Solutions for Difficult Times
- AFP-DC Webinar – Optimizing Your Recovery Effort: A Fundraiser’s Guide to Surviving and Thriving Post-COVID – Featuring Senior Consultant & Director Kelly Grattan and Senior Consultant Lauren Hansen-Flaschen (Access Password: 5P^4TY+.)
- Recession Planning: Drawing Your Roadmap to Recovery
- Adapting Every Day: Message Strategies for Changing Times
- If I Hear the Word ‘Pivot’ One More Time…
- AFP-GPC Webinar – How to Pivot Messaging During Difficult Times – Featuring Vice President Sarah P. Hartke, Digital Director Brad Levinson, and Senior Director and Writer Mike Butler (Access Password: 4y%H^*%0)
- Rapid Planning: Why and How to Think Strategically About the Critical Months Ahead
- COVID Crisis Month Two: 5 Questions and 6 Answers for This Moment in Fundraising
- Development Takes Center Stage: How Fundraisers are Going to Sustain Nonprofits Through this Crisis
- AFP-GPC Webinar – Recession Planning – Featuring President Scott Schultz and Vice President, Managing Director Susan Scauzzo (Access Password: 1v*56B73)
- Pandemic Procrastinator: A Love Letter
- Leadership, Rapid Response & Urgency: A Personal Reflection
- Direct Response Marketing in Strange Days
- Ramping Up to A.I. for Major Gift Fundraising
- Tapping & Building the Strength of Your Board – A Prescription for Difficult Times
- Taking Decisive Action During the Coronavirus
- Staying on Course with Your Mid-level Giving Program
- How S&W Worked with Saint John’s Hospice to Develop a Rapid Response Fundraising Campaign
- Digital Delivers a Rapid Response Success Story for One of Our Healthcare Clients
Grant & Funding Opportunities
Funding options that may be available to your nonprofit
- Brandywine Health Foundation
- The C.A.R.E.S. Act
- COVID-19 Relief Fund at Phoenixville Community Health Foundation
- COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund at Chester County Community Foundation
- COVID-19 NYC Response & Impact Fund
- Delaware County PA COVID-19 Response Fund
- Emergency EIDL Grant
- Midsized Business Loan Program
- Nonprofit Finance Fund
- PennSERVE w/ AmeriCorps and other grant opportunities for PA
- Philadelphia Foundation PHL COVID-19 FUND
- South Jersey COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund
S&W Client Hero Stories
Heroic stories about our clients’ inspiring and creative responses to the COVID-19 crisis
- Pennsylvania Humanities Council (PHC) has awarded grants totaling $780,500 to 140 cultural nonprofits across the state impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Fairmount Water Works and Philadelphia Water Department plan to create a floating “outdoor classroom” on the Schuylkill River.
- JEVS Human Services celebrates Sylvia Ocasio, assistant program manager, and her “tough love” approach to helping students.
- North10, Philadelphia quickly pivots its mission to meet the needs of vulnerable populations.
- Cincinnati Children’s is one of four sites in the U.S. participating in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial for the BNT162 vaccine to prevent COVID-19.
- Cornell Lab of Ornithology’s Bird Cams make news, broadcasting from as far as New Zealand.
- St. Vincent Meals on Wheels rises to serve hundreds of new clients in Los Angeles during the COVID-19 crisis.
- How Mercy Technical High School brings the unique hands-on experience of its vocational classes to students from a distance.
- The Ministry of Caring in Wilmington, DE was an honored hero on Good Friday.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Washington offer FREE childcare for Maryland healthcare workers and first responders.
- Cornell Lab of Ornithology offers unique opportunities to celebrate and learn about the wonders of birds and nature from home.
- The Foundation for Delaware County COVID-19 Fund crosses the $300,000 mark and names its first grantees.
- American Prairie Reserve shares the peace and serenity of the land in Montana’s Northern Plains, known as Prairie Time.
- Shedd Aquarium gives its penguins a chance to meet their neighbors from a visitors’ point of view while the destination is closed.
- International Campaign for Tibet says thank you its volunteers on video.
- International Campaign for Tibet shares what they’ve learned working from home.
Professional associations and membership organizations offer excellent guidance & information
- AFP-Greater Philadelphia Chapter (S&W Partner)
- AFP-Greater Washington DC Metro Area (S&W Partner)
- BoardSource (S&W Partner)
- Ravela Insights Nonprofit Donor Data Analytics (S&W Partner)
- AAM (American Alliance of Museums)
- ADRFCO (Association of Direct Response Fundraising Counsel)
- ANA Nonprofit Federation
- AZA (Association of Zoos & Aquariums)
- CARES Act Resources: 2020 CARES Act Encourages Charitable Giving
- DMAW (Direct Marketing Association of Washington)
- DMFA Direct Marketing Fundraising Association
- Giving Tuesday: The Starling Collective
- Giving USA
- GPCA (Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance)
- Laura Solomon, Esq. & Associates
- The Nonprofit Center at LaSalle University’s School of Business
- Nonprofit Hub
- TNPA (The Nonprofit Alliance)
- Scholar Works
- Stanford Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society
- Top Nonprofits
Nonprofit Media Scan
Media platforms for today’s top stories and advice during COVID-19 crisis
Videos: Timely Advice from our Consultants
Advice from the top on how to navigate today’s nonprofit challenges
Our resource list is for convenient informational purposes only. While we update it periodically, the links are not under the control of Schultz & Williams nor are they intended as an endorsement by our firm.