Mission Kids Child Advocacy Seeking a Development and Outreach Supervisor…
Duties will be primarily in the areas of event management, donor cultivation, marketing and social media, database management, and community outreach organization. Essential skills required include exceptional organizational and writing skills, attention to detail, strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Outlook, content creation ability to reach out to people and explain our mission, a sense of humor, and a friendly and positive professional attitude. This position reports directly to our Development Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Event, Donor Cultivation, Stewardship, Solicitation & Volunteer Management
Event management, including complete event planning and logistics, identifying sponsors, and successfully implementing event.
Management of donors and prospect cycles, as assigned.
Manages and trains all Mission Kids volunteers for representation at community and outreach events
Development Operations Management
- Maintain the donor database, including generating acknowledgements and coordinating donor mailings.
- Create donor reports, and analyze fundraising data.
- Implement protocols and guidelines for data entry and gift acknowledgement.
- Manages all social media.
- Strategically manages social media channels to promote awareness.
- Manages website. Updates and adds additional information to website as necessary.
- Recruits, manages, and supervises interns.
- Writes grants and reports, and assistance to Grants Manager as necessary. Uses analytics to write and report about MK to solicit funding for MK programming.
- Works with Program staff to run Outcomes Measurement. Analyses data to understand opportunities for improvement.
- Represents Mission Kids at community events and acts as MK liaison in setup of community events.
- Organize interns/volunteers/staff for attendance at community events
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business development or related field.
- Experience with organizing and implementing fund development goals, including special events, donor cultivation and solicitation, volunteer recruitment, and communications.
- Experience with website management – use WordPress to update and add pages to Website. Previous use of HTML coding a plus.
- Previous experience with mass email services to send specialized messaging to donor base. Experience with Photoshop, a plus.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build trust and rapport with a range of stakeholders including Board members, funders, donors, clients and staff.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Please send cover letter, salary requirements and resume firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission Kids is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring practices.
Founded in 1987, Schultz & Williams is a national consulting firm dedicated to helping nonprofits of every size and sector achieve financial stability, meet organizational goals and support greater mission impact. Headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, Schultz & Williams also has operations in Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco CA, and Washington, D.C.