We are committed to equitable practices in hiring and welcome different backgrounds and perspectives to our team, including gender identity, age, race, ethnicity and sexual orientation. If you would like to be considered for any of the following listed positions, please submit your resume and cover letter to the email listed in the job description.
Prior to applying to positions at S&W please read Six tips for applying for your first (or second…or third) nonprofit job.
Reporting to the Director, Consulting Operations, the Project Manager (PM) works within the Development Consulting line of service. The PM serves as the day-to-day point of contact for the client and the consultants on each project team, reporting to the lead consultant. Projects include pre-campaign planning, campaign planning studies, assessments, development plans and more.
This is an incredible opportunity to gain broad exposure to the nonprofit sector and valuable experience by working on diverse projects and with a variety of clients.
The Project Manager works primarily on-site at S&W headquarters in Philadelphia. Occasional regional travel and some national travel required.
Minimum of 1-3 Years Professional Experience Required
- Develop and manage project timeline, ensure fulfillment of contract deliverables and manage consultant time allocations
Schedule meetings between clients and consultants, communicate regularly with client and consultants and prepare progress reports, if appropriate
- Manage interview scheduling process with client
- Facilitate sharing of client background materials, review client materials and summarize for consulting team
- Draft study questionnaires/discussion guides, letters of invitation for interviews, gift pyramids, interview findings and sample documents for implementation projects
- Draft initial study/assessment findings
- Prepare reports and presentations
- Conduct project-related research using the internet, subscription databases and some phone interviews
- Assist with business development activities as needed: research prospective clients; draft proposals and contracts in the absence of the Director; participate in sales meetings and presentations; etc.
- Working with the Director, promote, facilitate, refine and expand our portfolio of data analytics and research services
- Participate in efforts to improve client services and deliverables, maintaining the S&W brand, implementing best practices and keeping ahead of trends
- Bachelor’s degree candidacy required
- Experience in a professional office setting required; experience working in a nonprofit organization and familiarity with fundraising preferred
- Must be comfortable communicating with clients regularly, guiding them through the engagement process by email, phone and in-person
- Must have the judgment to manage relationships with clients and to anticipate problems
- Excellent skills in the following: proofreading, organization, file management, writing, verbal and written communication and teamwork
- Self-starter capable of prioritizing multiple, ongoing and competing responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working directly with senior management of an organization preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Access a plus)
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks and be resourceful
- Internet research skills; prospect research database skills preferred
- Experience with constituent databases (Raiser’s Edge, DonorPerfect, etc.) preferred
Please submit cover letter and resume as a single PDF to Kelly Grattan, email@example.com.
Contract Development Consultants
S&W is seeking experienced development professionals for contract work related to:
- Consulting projects, such as Campaign Planning Studies and Development Assessments. These projects require on-site or remote client and S&W consulting team planning meetings during regular business hours and range anywhere from approximately 3-6 months.
- Interim staffing engagements for roles such as Director of Development, Major Gifts Officer and Campaign Manager. These engagements typically range from 1-3 days/week and can be remote or on-site at organizations in the Greater Philadelphia region.
Highly motivated, well-organized, with at least 10 years of major gifts and/or capital campaign experience. Outstanding verbal and written communications skills. Computer proficiency in fundraising software, Microsoft Office, and is comfortable working with the Internet. Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, and cooperation among a diverse staff. Willingness to work flexible hours and travel, as needed, once COVID restrictions are lifted.
**Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter in a single PDF to Kelly Grattan, Director, Consulting Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org**
Marketing and Business Coordinator
Schultz & Williams is seeking a full-time Marketing and Business Coordinator to work in our Philadelphia office. The right person for this position should have a basic comfort level with Microsoft Office products, an understanding of business and marketing principles as well as an ability to work with staff and professionals with a range of needs and personalities.
Specific tasks include:
- Social Media – Proof and post all items across social platforms and solicit client teams for noteworthy items to share. Connect to all new clients on social media and reshare noteworthy items. Follow up with all comments on posts and monitor inboxes. Monitor all social media advertising and provide regular reports.
- Update website with new articles, new employees and other content as needed
- Maintain updates to contact list. As new clients are onboarded reach out to team for contact information to add them to the master list.
- Track all sponsorship and conference benefits and ensure benefits are being utilized in advance of deadlines
- Work with internal teams to gather content, prepare and distribute internal newsletter
- Google Analytics and Constant Contact – responsible for pulling regular standard reports
- Proofread and update all outgoing marketing and sales materials, ensuring branded templates are being utilized
- Work with client team to update and prepare current client lists monthly
- Work with project managers to prepare new client announcements. Convert into branded formatting and share on social.
- Work with all new employees to get bios prepared
- Update and maintain accurate monthly billing and revenue projections
- Act as the liaison between S&W’s business office and consulting departments to establish and maintain proper billing
- Provide backup administrative support for the office, including: scanning and filing materials and general phone coverage
- Manage all firm and contract filings with appropriate state agencies
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to work to deadlines, manage time and adjust priorities with good judgment
- Independent worker, well-organized, takes initiative
- Experience working with Excel, Word and Powerpoint is a requirement
- Solid writing skills, proof reading and attention to detail are essential
- Basic graphic design skills a plus
**Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter in a single PDF to Nicole Hoopes at email@example.com**