The following positions are currently available in our Philadelphia office.
If you would like to be considered for any of the following listed positions, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prior to applying to positions at S&W please read Six Tips for Applying for Your First (or Second … or Third) Nonprofit Job.
Transitional Development Staff
S&W is seeking development professionals to serve as interim staff at nonprofit organizations. Interim staff assignments are project-based and may be short to long-term engagements involving two to four days per week.
Highly motivated, well-organized, with an undergraduate degree in a relevant field with at least 15 years of fundraising experience (annual support, major gifts, special events and grant writing). Outstanding verbal and written communications skills. Computer proficiency in fundraising software, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint and Outlook) and is comfortable working with the Internet. Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, and cooperation among a diverse staff. Willingness to work flexible hours and travel.
Vice President, Direct Marketing
Specifically, our direct response team understands that today’s nonprofits are working harder than ever to raise funds, cultivate and sustain members, and promote advocacy in a highly competitive environment. Therefore, we plan and execute strategically targeted direct response campaigns utilizing direct mail, digital and analytical methods, helping organizations reach their goals as effectively and efficiently as possible. In addition, our high-performance direct solutions are comprehensive, creative and customized to meet the unique needs of each organization.
Our direct response and consulting teams apply the Schultz & Williams philosophy to every project, delivering cost-effective, meaningful campaigns that produce outstanding results and exceed the highest standards for quality and customer support.
Schultz & Williams is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA with operations in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles and San Francisco.
We are seeking an experienced, savvy, passionate, creative direct marketing fundraiser to lead and manage our 25-person direct response team. This senior-level position reports directly to the President.
The ideal candidate has the skills and experience to provide leadership, strategic direction, oversight and efficient coordination for our full-range of direct response and marketing services, including strategy, content, design, execution, production and analyses.
This person is also expected to lead the firm’s direct response business development efforts, ensuring a strong pipeline of prospective and current clients.
- Lead and manage a high-performance, direct marketing team that drives results
- Attract, develop and retain top-level talent; build a strong team through ongoing training and development, while promoting and rewarding team and individual contributions
- Lead the development of integrated, direct marketing strategies and executions across multiple media channels to impact fundraising results and drive desired outcomes
- Continue to grow and cultivate Schultz & Williams multi-channel direct marketing capabilities
- Ensure complete client satisfaction through account team and campaign performance; be the executive voice at the table, leading strategy sessions and campaign performance reviews; own account portfolio and respective campaign successes
- Own all key departmental processes and systems that drive success within the team and impact client success; maximize team performance by fully leveraging all available resources and determining optimal resource allocation with full transparency
- Exhibit a leadership style that is high energy, positive, flexible and accessible; celebrate successes; be confident and approachable
- Be a recognized thought leader, with a deep understanding of the industry, the competition, direct marketing strategies, client needs and donor behavior; report on trends and best practices across the fundraising, membership and advocacy landscape to provide client value and guide compelling direct marketing strategies
- Provide leadership in promoting the firm’s business model and donor focused outcomes; attend and speak at high profile conferences, provide content for the firm’s website, e-newsletters, social media and other related resources
- Lead the business development efforts for Schultz & Williams, securing new clients through targeted prospecting, focused proposals and high-value analytics; cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential clients
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10-15 years fundraising experience
- Strong leadership and business executive skills, demonstrating a collaborative, transparent style
- Direct marketing expertise, at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Experience building digital capacity and driving integrated digital solutions
- Proven track record of driving results and excelling in an environment that is fast paced, entrepreneurial and complex
- Experience leading and managing large, cross-functional direct marketing teams
- Proven ability to prospect and secure new business
- Executive presence–extensive experience with Boards and client services
- Strong, persuasive communications skills (written and verbal)
- Superior organizational and project management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects on budget and on time
- Experience with online fundraising tools (Sphere, Engaging Networks, Constant Contact, Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge) or comparable systems
- Proven analytical skills
Please send resume and cover letter to Vice President Mike Schultz at email@example.com.
Reporting to the Director of Development Consulting Operations, the Project Manager works within Development Consulting line of service. The Project Manager serves as the day-to-day point of contact for the client and the consultants on each project team, reporting to the lead consultant. Projects include pre-campaign planning, campaign planning studies, assessments, development plans and more.
This is an incredible opportunity to gain broad exposure to the nonprofit sector and valuable experience by working on diverse projects and with a variety of clients.
The Project Manager works primarily on-site at S&W headquarters:
One Penn Center
1617 JFK Boulevard, Suite 1700
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Occasional regional travel and some national travel required.
2+ Years Professional, Post-Graduate Study or National/International Service Corps Experience
- Develop and manage project timeline, ensure fulfillment of contract deliverables and manage consultant time allocations
- Schedule meetings between clients and consultants, communicate regularly with client and consultants and prepare progress reports if appropriate
- Manage study interview scheduling process with client
- Facilitate sharing of client background materials, review client materials and summarize for consulting team
- Draft study questionnaires/discussion guides, letters of invitation for interviews, gift pyramids, interview findings and sample documents for implementation projects
- Draft initial study/assessment findings
- Prepare reports and presentations
- Conduct project-related research using the Internet, databases and some telephone interviews
- Conduct prospect research and create in-depth prospect profiles
- Assist with business development activities as needed: research prospective client background; draft proposals in the absence of the Director; participate in sales meetings and presentations; etc.
- Working with the Director, promote, facilitate, refine and expand our portfolio of data analytics services
- Participate in efforts to improve client services and deliverables, maintaining the S&W brand, implementing best practices and keeping ahead of trends
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in a professional office setting, experience working in a nonprofit organization and familiarity with fundraising preferred
- Must be comfortable communicating with clients regularly, guiding them through the engagement process by email, phone and in-person
- Must have the judgment to manage relationship with client and to anticipate problems
- Excellent skills in the following: proofreading, organization, file management, writing, verbal and written communication and teamwork
- Self-starter capable of prioritizing multiple, ongoing and competing responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working directly with senior management of an organization preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Access a plus)
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks and be resourceful
- Internet research skills; prospect wealth database skills preferred
- Experience with constituent databases (Raiser’s Edge, DonorPerfect, etc.) preferred
Please send resume and cover letter to Senior Consultant Kelly Grattan at firstname.lastname@example.org.