The following positions are currently available in our Philadelphia office.
If you would like to be considered for any of the following listed positions, please submit your resume to email@example.com or the email listed in the job description.
Prior to applying to positions at S&W please read Six Tips for Applying for Your First (or Second … or Third) Nonprofit Job.
Transitional Development Staff
S&W is seeking development professionals to serve as interim staff at nonprofit organizations. Interim staff assignments are project-based and may be short to long-term engagements involving two to four days per week.
Highly motivated, well-organized, with an undergraduate degree in a relevant field with at least 15 years of fundraising experience (annual support, major gifts, special events and grant writing). Outstanding verbal and written communications skills. Computer proficiency in fundraising software, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint and Outlook) and is comfortable working with the Internet. Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, and cooperation among a diverse staff. Willingness to work flexible hours and travel.
Vice President, Direct Marketing
Specifically, our direct response team understands that today’s nonprofits are working harder than ever to raise funds, cultivate and sustain members, and promote advocacy in a highly competitive environment. Therefore, we plan and execute strategically targeted direct response campaigns utilizing direct mail, digital and analytical methods, helping organizations reach their goals as effectively and efficiently as possible. In addition, our high-performance direct solutions are comprehensive, creative and customized to meet the unique needs of each organization.
Our direct response and consulting teams apply the Schultz & Williams philosophy to every project, delivering cost-effective, meaningful campaigns that produce outstanding results and exceed the highest standards for quality and customer support.
Schultz & Williams is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA with operations in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles and San Francisco.
We are seeking an experienced, savvy, passionate, creative direct marketing fundraiser to lead and manage our 25-person direct response team. This senior-level position reports directly to the President.
The ideal candidate has the skills and experience to provide leadership, strategic direction, oversight and efficient coordination for our full-range of direct response and marketing services, including strategy, content, design, execution, production and analyses.
This person is also expected to lead the firm’s direct response business development efforts, ensuring a strong pipeline of prospective and current clients.
- Lead and manage a high-performance, direct marketing team that drives results
- Attract, develop and retain top-level talent; build a strong team through ongoing training and development, while promoting and rewarding team and individual contributions
- Lead the development of integrated, direct marketing strategies and executions across multiple media channels to impact fundraising results and drive desired outcomes
- Continue to grow and cultivate Schultz & Williams multi-channel direct marketing capabilities
- Ensure complete client satisfaction through account team and campaign performance; be the executive voice at the table, leading strategy sessions and campaign performance reviews; own account portfolio and respective campaign successes
- Own all key departmental processes and systems that drive success within the team and impact client success; maximize team performance by fully leveraging all available resources and determining optimal resource allocation with full transparency
- Exhibit a leadership style that is high energy, positive, flexible and accessible; celebrate successes; be confident and approachable
- Be a recognized thought leader, with a deep understanding of the industry, the competition, direct marketing strategies, client needs and donor behavior; report on trends and best practices across the fundraising, membership and advocacy landscape to provide client value and guide compelling direct marketing strategies
- Provide leadership in promoting the firm’s business model and donor focused outcomes; attend and speak at high profile conferences, provide content for the firm’s website, e-newsletters, social media and other related resources
- Lead the business development efforts for Schultz & Williams, securing new clients through targeted prospecting, focused proposals and high-value analytics; cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential clients
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10-15 years fundraising experience
- Strong leadership and business executive skills, demonstrating a collaborative, transparent style
- Direct marketing expertise, at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Experience building digital capacity and driving integrated digital solutions
- Proven track record of driving results and excelling in an environment that is fast paced, entrepreneurial and complex
- Experience leading and managing large, cross-functional direct marketing teams
- Proven ability to prospect and secure new business
- Executive presence–extensive experience with Boards and client services
- Strong, persuasive communications skills (written and verbal)
- Superior organizational and project management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects on budget and on time
- Experience with online fundraising tools (Sphere, Engaging Networks, Constant Contact, Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge) or comparable systems
- Proven analytical skills
Please send resume and cover letter to Vice President Mike Schultz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Develop and manage project timeline, ensure fulfillment of contract deliverables and manage consultant time allocations
- Schedule meetings between clients and consultants, communicate regularly with client and consultants and prepare progress reports if appropriate
- Manage study interview scheduling process with client
- Facilitate sharing of client background materials, review client materials and summarize for consulting team
- Draft study questionnaires/discussion guides, letters of invitation for interviews, gift pyramids, interview findings and sample documents for implementation projects
- Draft initial study/assessment findings
- Prepare reports and presentations
- Conduct project-related research using the Internet, databases and some telephone interviews
- Conduct prospect research and create in-depth prospect profiles
- Assist with business development activities as needed: research prospective client background; draft proposals in the absence of the Director; participate in sales meetings and presentations; etc.
- Working with the Director, promote, facilitate, refine and expand our portfolio of data analytics services
- Participate in efforts to improve client services and deliverables, maintaining the S&W brand, implementing best practices and keeping ahead of trends
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in a professional office setting, experience working in a nonprofit organization and familiarity with fundraising preferred
- Must be comfortable communicating with clients regularly, guiding them through the engagement process by email, phone and in-person
- Must have the judgment to manage relationship with client and to anticipate problems
- Excellent skills in the following: proofreading, organization, file management, writing, verbal and written communication and teamwork
- Self-starter capable of prioritizing multiple, ongoing and competing responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working directly with senior management of an organization preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Access a plus)
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks and be resourceful
- Internet research skills; prospect wealth database skills preferred
- Experience with constituent databases (Raiser’s Edge, DonorPerfect, etc.) preferred
**Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com**
S&W is seeking a Digital Associate to join our growing direct response marketing department. This is a mid-level position that will work with a variety of nonprofit clients as part of larger account teams, managing the digital components of multichannel fundraising, advocacy and membership campaigns—including strategy, creative development, production and deployment.
This position requires a high degree of organization, time management, self-direction, motivation, attention to detail and an ability to manage multiple projects. Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and customer service skills are a must. Understanding of fundraising and project management are a plus.
- Manage the process of moving digital projects from concept to execution to evaluation; manage relationships with internal team members and S&W partners to create and deliver all elements of our digital campaigns
- Work with a team to create engaging, voice-driven content—including emails, social media content, landing/conversion pages, online advertising and web content; participate in and facilitate brainstorming, campaign execution and interpretation of results/campaign performance
- Build, foster and maintain audience participation in our digital programs
- Think both creatively and analytically; use curiosity and insight to understand, improve and push the boundaries of what’s possible in a digital program
- Integrate digital program elements into the larger organizational efforts of our clients; work with our clients, account teams and digital team to create successful multichannel direct response campaigns
- Create tailored content to achieve both an audience’s and organization’s goals
- Execute on a deep understanding of how content, user experience and user design work in concert to achieve tangible campaign-based and organizational goals
- Generate and maintain client project schedules, update campaign plans and track all digital work in progress
- Populate content within mass email systems
- Create, place, deploy and manage targeted online advertising, including banner, search and social media ads
- Review campaign elements (drafts, mockups and tests) to ensure campaigns are ready for successful launch
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with email, online fundraising or advocacy toolsets/platforms/CRMs
- Understanding of best and emerging digital practices
- Understanding of social media platforms and digital media
- Experience with Google Analytics and Adobe Creative Cloud preferred
- Ability to excel in a collaborative team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and basic HTML
- Experience in project management
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, organized and detail-oriented
- Customer/client service experience
- Ability to take on multiple projects with key deadlines
- Passion for the missions and the work of national, international and local nonprofit organizations
- 3-5 years of experience in a digital role—ideally in the fundraising, advocacy or public affairs sectors
- Agency and/or nonprofit experience preferred
- 1-2 years of direct response or digital fundraising experience preferred
Education: BA/BS college degree
**Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org**