Schultz & Williams is always looking for talented staff and associates committed to helping nonprofit organizations fulfill their missions and succeed. The following positions are currently available in our Philadelphia office. Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interim Development Staff
S&W is seeking development professionals to serve as interim staff at nonprofit organizations. Interim staff assignments are project-based and may be short to long-term engagements involving two to four days per week.
Highly motivated, well-organized, with an undergraduate degree in a relevant field with at least 5 years of fundraising experience (annual support, major gifts, special events and grant writing). Outstanding verbal and written communications skills. Computer proficiency in fundraising software, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint and Outlook) and is comfortable working with the Internet. Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, and cooperation among a diverse staff. Willingness to work flexible hours and travel.
Vice President, Direct Marketing
We are seeking an experienced, savvy, passionate direct marketer and digital leader for our Vice President, Direct Marketing position. This is a senior level position, reporting directly to the President. S/he will provide leadership, strategic direction, oversight and the efficient coordination for the Direct Marketing Team (25 people) to design, execute and monitor integrated, direct marketing plans for our non-profit clients. This position will also lead the firm's business development efforts, ensuring a strong pipeline of prospective and current clients.
Schultz & Williams is a recognized leader in providing high-performing direct marketing solutions. The Vice President, Direct Marketing will further advance this position and Schultz and Williams' value by building out a full complement of focused, integrated digital solutions.
S/he will report to the President.
• Lead and manage a high performance, direct marketing team that drives results; continually attract, develop and retain top-level talent; build a strong team through ongoing training and development while promoting and rewarding team and individual contributions
• Lead the development of integrated, direct marketing strategies and executions across multiple media channels to impact fundraising results and drive desired outcomes
• Continue to grow and cultivate Schultz & Williams direct marketing capabilities while building out complimentary digital capacity
• Ensure complete client satisfaction in account team and campaign performance; be the executive voice at the table, leading strategy sessions and campaign performance reviews; own account portfolio and respective campaign success
• Own all key departmental processes and systems that drive success within the team and impact its clients; maximize team performance by fully leveraging all available resources and determining optimal resource allocation – with full transparency
• Exhibit a leadership style that is high energy, positive, flexible, and accessible; celebrate successes; be confident and approachable
• Be a recognized thought leader, with a deep understanding of the industry, the competition, direct marketing, client needs and donor behavior; report on trends and best practices across the fundraising landscape in order to provide client value and guide compelling direct marketing strategies
• Be an evangelist for Schulz & Williams, it's business model and donor focused outcomes; attend and speak at high profile conferences, positioning Schultz & Williams as a national firm focused on delivering integrated, results-oriented solutions
• Lead the business development efforts for Schultz & Williams, securing new clients through targeted prospecting, focused proposals and high-value analytics; cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential clients
• Design and implement qualitative and quantitative master file analysis; synthesize, analyze and present data to create focus and inspire confidence in clients while assisting them in their decisions to implement recommended strategies; lead the effort to determine lifetime value of client's donors
• Bachelor's degree
• 10 - 15 years fundraising experience
• A strong leader and business executive with a collaborative, transparent style
• Direct marketing expertise, at both the strategic and tactical level
• Experience building digital capacity and driving integrated digital solutions
• Proven track record of driving results and excelling in an environment that is fast paced, entrepreneurial, and complex
• Experience leading and managing a large, cross-functional direct marketing team
• Proven ability to prospect and secure new business
• Executive presence – extensive experience with boards and client service
• Strong, persuasive communications skills (written and verbal)
• Superior organizational and project management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects on time
• Experience with online fundraising tools (Sphere, Engaging Networks, Constant Contact, Convio/Blackbaud, Raiser's Edge) or comparable system
• Proven analytical skills
Schultz & Williams is seeking an Account Executive to service our expanding client roster. This is a senior level position that will lead the account management team and drive the overall campaign strategy and execution for several not-for-profit fundraising and membership clients.
S/he will possess a strong command of direct marketing and fundraising. Account Executives are responsible for driving the analysis, strategy, creative and overall implementation of client programs. S/he position requires a high degree of executive presence, organization, self-direction, motivation, attention to detail and the ability to multitask. Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and customer service skills are a must.
S/he will report to the Vice President, Direct Marketing.
• Develop and execute year-long direct marketing fundraising campaigns
• Prepare and secure strategy document and budget approvals for individual projects
• Work with clients to identify topics, issues, and projects for fundraising appeals
• Prepare periodic reports that evaluate client direct marketing fundraising programs with recommendations for improvements and additional work
• Work with various list brokers to develop list recommendations or acquisition mailings
• Select segments of membership/donor database for renewal and appeal mailings
• Guide copywriting, design and production management for each client project
• 10+ years non-profit, direct marketing experience with strong knowledge of multi-channel capabilities including on-line and individual donor fundraising
• Passion for the nonprofit sector
Skills and Knowledge
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Superior written communication and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail, resourceful
• Able to work under pressure and lead a team
• Excellent organizational and project/time management skills
• Ability to establish work priorities and multi-task
Education: BA/BS college degree
Direct Mail Data Coordinator
S&W is seeking a full-time direct mail data coordinator to service our expanding client roster. The DM data coordinator assists with scheduling, managing data files, and working on a variety of direct marketing campaigns (mail and digital) on behalf of our nonprofit clients.
The DM data coordinator must be comfortable working with numbers and have exceptional Microsoft Excel and Access skills. The ideal candidate is extremely detail-oriented and able to multitask.
• Maintain and manage production schedules; updating each account team accordingly
• Review final design/copy of mail and on-line campaigns
• Manage collection and security of client data files
• Analyze and segment client and prospect data files
• Assist in the donor acquisition process: tracking dates, compiling information, procuring prospects from list brokers and data modeling agencies, and overseeing the merge/purge of prospect information
• Ensure overall quality control measures are in place
• Manage multiple vendors, integrating their deliverables into overall production schedule
• Bachelor's Degree
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel and Access
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated, extremely organized and detail oriented
• Ability to multi-task and work under strict timelines
• Comfortable working in a team environment
• Experience managing outside vendors
S&W is looking for a graphic designer for its direct marketing division, which includes mail, e-mail and web design along with collateral materials. Designers need imaginative flair, awareness of current fashions in the visual arts, working knowledge of the latest computer packages and an understanding of material costs and time limits, all of which can impact on the design. Must be able to rapidly execute quality work and under tight deadlines with little oversight.
The main activities of the graphic designer are:
- Interpret direction from creative brief into mail packages, postcards, self mailers, inserts, e-mails and web pages to drive response and generate donations;
- Use knowledge of current graphic design software to produce visually stimulating, response-driving material;
- Incorporate pre-written copy into art files;
- Ensure creative development is completed and delivered on schedule, accurately and is of high-quality;
- Maintain and update existing mail packages and inserts;
- Create, collect & transfer final art files to printers, ensuring that files meet printer specifications;
- Multi-task: graphic designers often work on more than one design project at a time;
- Contribute ideas to the overall marketing strategy and brief;
- Work well in a team, with printers, copywriters, account executives, and production managers;
- Work to tight deadlines.
- A minimum of 5 years designing for direct marketing programs
- Bachelor degree in graphic design, marketing, or related field
- Familiar with standard concepts, best practices, and procedures for direct marketing design
- Work well under pressure; effectively handle tight deadlines, unexpected delays, revisions, ad hoc requests and changing priorities
- Ability to multitask, conceptualize, create and work directly with account executives, production managers and creative directors
- Strong knowledge of and experience working in Quark Xpress, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong experience working and designing in HTML, CSS for the web and for e-mail
S&W is seeking a freelance Web programmer/developer. Schultz & Williams is a national consulting and direct response firm that helps nonprofits raise funds, build resources and realize long-term success. We are an open source shop seeking a sharp, reliable programmer to develop sophisticated Websites and e-mails for our clients.
We are looking for freelance programmers who have experience with content management systems (custom developed or customized), e-newsletters that target specific constituencies, fundraising tools, and online communities/forums. Our clients often require integration between the Website and third-party Web applications or other software.
Requirements and Qualifications
- 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience, including developing Web pages and online campaigns, with strong technical knowledge of Website development and design
- Must have a strong knowledge of current user experience, usability, and accessibility standards and best practices and how to implement
- Must have expert knowledge of (X)HTML and CSS
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Windows-based Web design software, including Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash, Adobe Dreamweaver, Microsoft Visio, Adobe HomeSite, and/or TextPad
- Familiarity with CMS and eCRM platforms; Drupal, Convio and Blackbaud's NetCommunity experience preferred.
- Understanding of theming, Web standards, XHTML, cross-browser compatibility.
- Understanding of and experience with Web 2.0 technologies such as blogs and social networking applications.
- Understanding of online best practices, including email marketing, SEO, landing page optimization, accessibility.
- Some experience working with Web Services (XMLRPC, SOAP).
- Working knowledge of Web servers (Apache, Lighttpd, IIS).
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and be proactive
- Strong problem-solving and creative-thinking skills