The following positions are currently available in our Philadelphia office.
If you would like to be considered for any of the following listed positions, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transitional Development Staff
S&W is seeking development professionals to serve as interim staff at nonprofit organizations. Interim staff assignments are project-based and may be short to long-term engagements involving two to four days per week.
Highly motivated, well-organized, with an undergraduate degree in a relevant field with at least 5 years of fundraising experience (annual support, major gifts, special events and grant writing). Outstanding verbal and written communications skills. Computer proficiency in fundraising software, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint and Outlook) and is comfortable working with the Internet. Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, and cooperation among a diverse staff. Willingness to work flexible hours and travel.
S&W is seeking development professionals with extensive prospect research experience to conduct prospect research (customized, in-depth and comprehensive profiles; briefing profiles; proactive research) for S&W clients on an as-needed basis. This is a remote opportunity.
If interested, please email your resume, two sample profiles, and cover letter outlining your prospect research experience and approach to Kelly Grattan at email@example.com.
Schultz & Williams is an established consulting firm that provides comprehensive services – including development, direct response, interim staffing, planning and marketing – to nonprofits of all types and sizes across the nation. Since 1987, the success and integrity of our work and our team of seasoned experts have been driven by one simple philosophy: development, management and marketing strategies must be fully integrated in order for organizations to achieve financial stability, operational excellence and, ultimately, their mission-related goals.
Today’s nonprofits are working harder than ever in a competitive fundraising climate. To achieve success, organizations must combine the proper offer with appropriate targeted, integrated direct response methods.
We help nonprofits reach their goals with high-performance direct marketing solutions that are comprehensive, creative and customized to meet the unique needs of each organization.
Our team applies the Schultz and Williams philosophy to every project we undertake to deliver cost-effective, meaningful campaigns that produce outstanding results and exceed the highest standards for quality and customer support.
Schultz and Williams is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA with operations in Los Angeles, CA and Washington, DC.
We are seeking a Production Coordinator to service our expanding client roster. This is a 6-month contract position, with the opportunity to grow into a full-time position at the end of the 6-month period.
The production coordinator assists with scheduling, proofing and working on a variety of direct marketing campaigns (mail and digital) on behalf of our nonprofit clients. The Production Coordinator must be comfortable working with numbers and have experience with Microsoft Excel. The ideal candidate is extremely detail-oriented and able to multitask.
Specific tasks include:
- Maintain and manage production schedules; updating each account team accordingly
- Assist with the bidding process for all Direct Marketing projects and compiling the appropriate internal materials for each job
- Review and establish quality control measures for checking all internal project briefs prior to bidding stage
- Follow quality control measures in place to ensure that client files are accurate and include all information requested by S&W
- Assist in the donor acquisition process: tracking dates and compiling information for list brokers (samples, results, schedules, etc.)
- Work with the production staff to ensure overall quality control measures are in place
- Review all art files before being sent to print, ensuring all specifications are accurate and valid for production
- Assist with the creative proofing process; helping to review direct mail packages before the printing process
- Coordinate with several account teams to finalize artwork, assist with scheduling and report back to Production Director with the status of all active jobs
- Create instructions for print and lettershop vendors detailing production specifications, package quantities and versions, and personalization
- Assist with maintaining master schedule for all Direct Marketing campaigns, work closely with the Production Director to hit deadlines and execute timely production schedules
- Alert account teams to potential scheduling delays or issues
- Manage multiple vendors, integrating their deliverables into the overall production schedule
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with a direct mail production environment highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, extremely organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and work under strict timelines
- Comfortable working in a team environment
- Experience managing outside vendors
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to Sarah Fabritiis firstname.lastname@example.org and Kristin Serrano at email@example.com.
|Schultz & Williams is seeking a full-time Business Coordinator to work in our Philadelphia office. Because we are a national consulting firm dedicated to helping nonprofits of all types and sizes achieve financial stability, meet organizational goals and support greater mission impact, we are seeking a person to serve as a link between the corporate business office and our client facing lines of service.
The right person for this position should have a basic comfort level with Excel, an understanding of business and marketing principles as well as an ability to work with staff and professionals with a range of needs and personalities.
Specific tasks include:
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Coordinator (Full-time)
Reporting to the Director of Development Consulting Operations, the Project Coordinator primarily works within S&W’s Development Consulting line of service. The Coordinator supports the Project Managers (and consulting teams) in their work with clients; assists the Director of Development Consulting Operations with business development activities; provides high-level administrative support to the consultants; serves as a backup for the Office Manager; and occasionally assists the marketing team.
This is an incredible opportunity to gain broad exposure to the nonprofit sector and valuable experience by working on diverse projects.
The Project Coordinator works on-site at S&W headquarters:
One Penn Center
1617 JFK Boulevard, Suite 1700
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Entry Level / 1-3 Years Professional Experience
Project Management Support:
- Prepares materials for project kickoffs
- Prepares and prints interview materials
- Assists with interview and meeting scheduling
- Compiles interviews
- Prepares and proofreads reports and presentations
- Conducts project-related research as needed, using the Internet, databases and some telephone interviews
Business Development Activities:
- Researches and compiles organization background materials
- Prepares sales presentations and sales meeting agendas
- Proofreads proposals and contracts
- Maintains CRM system of clients, prospective clients and other contacts
- Assists marketing team with mailings, client segmentation, e-newsletters, etc.
Administrative Support (Development Consulting Team):
- Proactively schedules and organizes weekly and monthly team meetings
- Staffs S&W table at sponsored (local) conferences
- Maintains shared drive/files, including client files, repository of samples and industry reports/data
- Assists consultants with timesheets
- Associate degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years of related experience preferred; familiarity with nonprofits and fundraising preferred
- Excellent skills in the following: proofreading, organization, file management, writing, verbal and written communication and teamwork
- Self-starter capable of prioritizing multiple, ongoing and competing responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Access preferred)
- Experience working directly with senior management of an organization preferred
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks and be resourceful
- Internet research skills; prospect wealth database skills preferred
- Experience with constituent databases (Raiser’s Edge, DonorPerfect, etc.) preferred
IMPORTANT NOTE: Candidates must have superior proofreading and editing (formatting, spelling, punctuation and grammar). Applicants who are selected for an interview will be asked to complete a proofreading/editing exercise during the interview.
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Kelly E. Grattan, PhD, MBA, CFRE
Director of Development Consulting Operations