The following positions are currently available in our Philadelphia office.
If you would like to be considered for any of the following listed positions, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prior to applying to positions at S&W please read Six Tips for Applying for Your First (or Second … or Third) Nonprofit Job.
Transitional Development Staff
S&W is seeking development professionals to serve as interim staff at nonprofit organizations. Interim staff assignments are project-based and may be short to long-term engagements involving two to four days per week.
Highly motivated, well-organized, with an undergraduate degree in a relevant field with at least 5 years of fundraising experience (annual support, major gifts, special events and grant writing). Outstanding verbal and written communications skills. Computer proficiency in fundraising software, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint and Outlook) and is comfortable working with the Internet. Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, and cooperation among a diverse staff. Willingness to work flexible hours and travel.
Digital & Communications Associate
Schultz & Williams
Schultz & Williams (S&W) is a strategic consulting partner that provides comprehensive services—including development, direct response fundraising, interim staffing, planning and marketing—to nonprofit organizations of all missions and sizes across the nation. At S&W Direct, we help nonprofits in multiple sectors—including human rights and social justice, conservation, zoos and aquariums, health and sciences, arts and culture, and higher education—reach their direct response fundraising goals with data-driven, integrated strategies and meaningful creative. As a full-service partner, Schultz & Williams manages all stages of client fundraising campaigns from inception through analysis.
Schultz & Williams is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA with operations in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, CA and San Francisco, CA.
Digital & Communications Associate
S&W is seeking a Digital & Communications Associate to join our growing digital and marketing teams. This is a mid-level position that will work with the Director of Digital Experience, Vice President of Marketing and our nonprofit clients. The role includes serving as the project manager for our digital team, as a contributor and lead for several client-based digital projects and as the point-person for S&W-based digital marketing efforts—including S&W’s website, online advertising and social media content.
The Digital & Communications Associate will be responsible for traffic managing the direct response digital deliverables, managing a portfolio of client-based multi-channel fundraising, advocacy and membership campaigns and day-to-day firm-wide digital marketing and communications to include strategy, creative development, production and deployment.
This position requires a high degree of organization, time management, motivation, attention to detail and an ability to take on multiple projects. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required, and customer service skills are a must.
- Manage the process for moving digital projects from concept to execution and evaluation: manage relationships with internal team members and S&W partners to create and deliver all elements of our clients’ digital campaigns
- Execute, coordinate and implement S&W’s digital marketing and communications efforts: work with our team to build content calendars, author and update content for S&W digital channels (website, social media, mass email) and analyze/report on success of efforts
- Build, engage with and maintain an audience’s participation in a digital program/campaign
- Think both creatively and analytically—use curiosity and insight to understand, improve and push the boundaries of what’s possible in a digital program for both clients and S&W
- Work with a team to create engaging, voice-driven content—including emails, social media content, landing/conversion pages and web content: participate in brainstorming, campaign execution and interpretation of results/campaign performance
- Integrate digital program elements into our clients’ larger organizational efforts: work with our clients, account teams and digital team to create successful multi-channel direct response campaigns
- Create content that’s tailored to both an audience’s and an organization’s goals
- Execute on a deep understanding of how content, user experience and user design (including donation pages, signup pages and audience cultivation) work in concert to achieve tangible campaign-based and organizational goals
- Generate and maintain client project schedules, update campaign plans and track all digital work in progress
- Populate content within mass email systems, content management systems and social media channels
- Create, place, deploy and manage targeted online advertising, including banner, search and social media ads
- Review campaign elements (drafts, mockups and tests) to ensure campaigns are ready for successful launch
Skills and Knowledge
- Understanding of social media platforms and digital media
- Understanding of digital best practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and basic HTML
- Experience in working with content management systems (CMS)
- Experience in project management
- Proven writing, editing and proofreading abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, extremely organized and detail oriented
- Ability to take on multiple projects and work under strict timelines
- Ability to excel in a collaborative team environment
- Passion for the missions and work of local, national and international nonprofits
- Experience with online fundraising, mass email or advocacy toolsets/platforms/CRMs preferred
- Experience with Google Analytics or Adobe Creative Cloud preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in a digital role—ideally in the fundraising, advocacy or public affairs sectors
- Agency and/or nonprofit experience preferred
- 1-2 years of direct response or digital fundraising experience preferred
Please send resume and cover letter to Brad Levinson at his email address email@example.com and Kristin Serrano at her email address firstname.lastname@example.org.