The following positions are currently available in our Philadelphia office.
If you would like to be considered for any of the following listed positions, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prior to applying to positions at S&W please read Six Tips for Applying for Your First (or Second … or Third) Nonprofit Job.
Transitional Development Staff
S&W is seeking development professionals to serve as interim staff at nonprofit organizations. Interim staff assignments are project-based and may be short to long-term engagements involving two to four days per week.
Highly motivated, well-organized, with an undergraduate degree in a relevant field with at least 5 years of fundraising experience (annual support, major gifts, special events and grant writing). Outstanding verbal and written communications skills. Computer proficiency in fundraising software, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint and Outlook) and is comfortable working with the Internet. Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, and cooperation among a diverse staff. Willingness to work flexible hours and travel.
Vice President, Direct Marketing
Specifically, our direct response team understands that today’s nonprofits are working harder than ever to raise funds, cultivate and sustain members, and promote advocacy in a highly competitive environment. Therefore, we plan and execute strategically targeted direct response campaigns utilizing direct mail, digital and analytical methods, helping organizations reach their goals as effectively and efficiently as possible. In addition, our high-performance direct solutions are comprehensive, creative and customized to meet the unique needs of each organization.
Our direct response and consulting teams apply the Schultz & Williams philosophy to every project, delivering cost-effective, meaningful campaigns that produce outstanding results and exceed the highest standards for quality and customer support.
Schultz & Williams is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA with operations in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles and San Francisco.
We are seeking an experienced, savvy, passionate, creative direct marketing fundraiser to lead and manage our 25-person direct response team. This senior-level position reports directly to the President.
The ideal candidate has the skills and experience to provide leadership, strategic direction, oversight and efficient coordination for our full-range of direct response and marketing services, including strategy, content, design, execution, production and analyses.
This person is also expected to lead the firm’s direct response business development efforts, ensuring a strong pipeline of prospective and current clients.
- Lead and manage a high-performance, direct marketing team that drives results
- Attract, develop and retain top-level talent; build a strong team through ongoing training and development, while promoting and rewarding team and individual contributions
- Lead the development of integrated, direct marketing strategies and executions across multiple media channels to impact fundraising results and drive desired outcomes
- Continue to grow and cultivate Schultz & Williams multi-channel direct marketing capabilities
- Ensure complete client satisfaction through account team and campaign performance; be the executive voice at the table, leading strategy sessions and campaign performance reviews; own account portfolio and respective campaign successes
- Own all key departmental processes and systems that drive success within the team and impact client success; maximize team performance by fully leveraging all available resources and determining optimal resource allocation with full transparency
- Exhibit a leadership style that is high energy, positive, flexible and accessible; celebrate successes; be confident and approachable
- Be a recognized thought leader, with a deep understanding of the industry, the competition, direct marketing strategies, client needs and donor behavior; report on trends and best practices across the fundraising, membership and advocacy landscape to provide client value and guide compelling direct marketing strategies
- Provide leadership in promoting the firm’s business model and donor focused outcomes; attend and speak at high profile conferences, provide content for the firm’s website, e-newsletters, social media and other related resources
- Lead the business development efforts for Schultz & Williams, securing new clients through targeted prospecting, focused proposals and high-value analytics; cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential clients
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10-15 years fundraising experience
- Strong leadership and business executive skills, demonstrating a collaborative, transparent style
- Direct marketing expertise, at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Experience building digital capacity and driving integrated digital solutions
- Proven track record of driving results and excelling in an environment that is fast paced, entrepreneurial and complex
- Experience leading and managing large, cross-functional direct marketing teams
- Proven ability to prospect and secure new business
- Executive presence–extensive experience with Boards and client services
- Strong, persuasive communications skills (written and verbal)
- Superior organizational and project management skills, with demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects on budget and on time
- Experience with online fundraising tools (Sphere, Engaging Networks, Constant Contact, Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge) or comparable systems
- Proven analytical skills
Please send resume and cover letter to Vice President Mike Schultz at email@example.com.
Consultant, Washington D.C.
Position: Consultant (Full-time or Part-time)
Reports to: Vice President – Development Consulting, D.C. Office
Schultz & Williams is an established national consulting firm that provides comprehensive services –
including development, direct response, temporary staffing, planning and marketing – to nonprofits of all
types and sizes. Since 1987, the success and integrity of our work and our team of seasoned experts
have been driven by one simple philosophy: development, management and marketing strategies must
be fully integrated in order for organizations to achieve financial stability, operational excellence and,
ultimately, their mission-related goals.
Schultz & Williams is headquartered in Philadelphia with operations in Washington, D.C. and San
Reporting to the head of our Washington, D.C. office, the Consultant works within Development
Consulting and S&W StaffSolutions™ lines of service. S&W consultants serve on several project teams at
any given time and are considered for transitional staffing opportunities as needed.
S&W consultants are also encouraged to contribute to the firm’s broader business development,
marketing and client relations efforts, including participation in sales activities; submitting articles for the
firm’s e-newsletter, blog posts for the S&W website and white papers to be published; and representing
the firm at conferences by attending, presenting at or staffing the firm’s sponsored table.
This is a remote position.
Frequent regional travel (primarily in the Washington D.C. area, but could include VA, MD, DE, PA and
NJ. Some opportunities to travel nationally may be presented.
Minimum 8-10 Years Professional Experience
Sample Client Engagements
● Capital, Endowment and Comprehensive Campaigns (Planning & Implementation)
● Audits and Assessments
● Strategic Development and Membership Plans
● Board Development and Education
● Strategy and Benchmarking
● Cases for Support
● Prospect Research, Screening and Data Analytics
● Data Management
● Transitional Staffing
Development • Direct • Planning • S&W StaffSolutions™ • Digital • Data Analytics • Marketing
● Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree and CFRE preferred
● Extensive nonprofit development experience required, serving in at least one position at
manager level or higher
● Capital campaign and significant major gifts experience preferred
● Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all levels of staff,
volunteers, donors and prospective donors
● Must have the judgment to manage relationships with clients and to anticipate problems
● Excellent skills in the following: proofreading, organization, file management, writing, verbal
and written communication and teamwork
● Self-starter capable of prioritizing multiple, ongoing and competing responsibilities in a fastpaced environment
● Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks and be resourceful
● Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (Access preferred)
● Internet research skills; prospect wealth database skills preferred
● Experience with constituent databases (Raiser’s Edge, DonorPerfect, etc.) preferred
Interested candidates who meet the requirements outlined in the job description should submit their cover letter and resume to
Gaia Faigon:firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be addressed to Matthew Brown, Vice President.